There can be many reasons why a person becomes an animal hoarder. Sometimes they develop from an affected emotional and mental condition, which leads them to adopt as many animals as possible to fill a personal need.
Characteristics of animal hoarders:
• It is impossible for them to ensure minimum levels of cleanliness, space, food, and veterinary care for their animals.
• They do not recognize the damage that hoarding animals means for the animals in their home.
• They continue to rescue more animals, usually stray animals.
• They deny having a hoarding problem even when they live in a deplorable situation.
• They believe that because they love their animals or because they have rescued them, the animals are already in good condition.
To identify them it is important to know that:
• They don’t know how many animals they have.
• Their property is run down and dirty, with fleas and other pests.
• The animals are skinny, and not well socialized.
• There may even be fights and aggression between the same animals because of this poor socialization.
• The hoarder ensures that their animals are in optimal conditions.
• They often call themselves “independent rescuers” to justify keeping so many animals.
1st Hoarding Clean Up specializes in the decluttering, organization, and cleaning of hoarders’ homes. Whether it be through extreme cleaning, odor neutralization, or even the preparation of your home for sale, we offer the best hoarding cleanup service in British Columbia. If you need to contact us, please call 1-855-GOT-CLUTTER or click here
Check out our youtube channel for informative hoarding videos